Angry Birds Cake Recipe is a summertime favorite. The cake is rich and moist to the point of being heavy. It has a chocolate fudge icing that is bright and creamy, making it just about perfect.
But when summer ends, you might find yourself wondering where to store an Angry Birds Cake Recipe in your freezer so that you can enjoy it throughout the year.
We will provide five different techniques for freezing a cake and five distinct flavor combinations for cakes you can try before freezing.
What Is A Angry Birds Cake Recipe?
An Angry Birds Cake Recipe is a chocolate cake filled with various fruits and nuts featured in the 2010 animated film “Angry Birds.” The fowl are represented by redbird eggs, yellow bird eggs, green bird eggs, and blackbird eggs.
History Of Angry Birds Cake Recipe:
There is a story about how the Angry Birds Cake Recipe characters came to be. This recipe was not made for the movie. It was made for the first game in 2008 by graphic designer Thierry Gilly.
The goal of this game was to create an Angry Birds recipe that tasted as good as it looked. This cake was featured as an example of the artwork for that game.
History Of Freezing:
Food has been stored in cold temperatures for centuries. The first known attempt at this is when the Romans froze foods in snow pits dug in the ground.
Someone discovered that if they searched the holes deep enough and packed them with snow, they could keep their food cold all winter long. Another tried to help this process by using ice, which didn’t work but did help a bit.
How To Make Angry Birds Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving: 6 grams
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 cup Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease two 8-inch round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until well incorporated. Add the flour mixture to a creamed mixture one-third, alternating with milk until all of each has been added and mixing well after each addition.
4. Place the batter into the prepared cake pans evenly. Bake for 20 -23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool 10 minutes in pans, then run a knife around the edge and remove to wire racks to cool completely (about 45 minutes).
- For the icing:
Combine sugar, milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- For the frosting:
In a stand mixer, cream together butter, vanilla, and sugar. Add cocoa mixture 1/2 at a time until well blended and smooth the frosting.
- To assemble the cake:
Place one layer on a cake stand or serving plate and spread icing over the top, then place another layer on top of that in the same fashion, ending with the outermost layer (this will be the top). Ice top and sides of cake with the desired frosting are used.
Nutrition Facts Of Angry Birds Cake Recipe:
|Total Fat||28 gm|
|Saturated Fat||17 gm|
|Total Carbohydrate||52 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||1 gm|
|calcium + vitamin D||25%|
6 Freezing Ideas For Angry Birds Cake Recipe:
1. Place one layer of cake on a cookie sheet and freeze it. When ready to assemble the cake, line a large baking sheet or other flat surfaces with parchment paper and place the frozen cake on top.
Using the parchment paper as a guide, cut through the rigid cake sheet into wedges, then pull the wedges off of the baking sheet. You can also place this in an airtight container covered with plastic wrap for later use.
2. Freeze the entire cake when it has cooled completely. This method works best with a small sheet pan to place the frozen cake on.
3. Place the cake in an airtight freezer bag, making sure all the air is squeezed out of the bag before sealing when it’s time to use the cake; remove it from the pack and let it defrost in the refrigerator for 4 hours or at room temperature for 4 hours.
4. Place the cake in a freezer-safe container and freeze it.
5. Place the cake in a large zip lock bag, remove as much air as possible, seal it then freezes the bag. Use a measuring cup with oz. marks to measure out portions before placing bags into the freezer so that you can use them at a later date.
6. If you choose not to freeze your cake, you can still make and store your frosting for any time, including summertime parties when you might want to serve an ice cream cake.
How Long Will It Last?
Freezing keeps cakes fresh for up to 6 months. Storing cakes in the freezer is a great way to keep them from going stale if you don’t have time to serve them right away.
How To Make More Delicious?
1. Use a hand mixer for the frosting to make it extra fluffy!
2. Try substituting fresh or canned pineapple pieces for half of the pecans.
3. Try adding pieces of broken-up graham crackers to the frosting as you make it.
4. Substitute half of the pecans with chocolate chips or chunks of chocolate bar to turn this into a chocolate cake.
5. Every month between November and January, Angry Birds have an Advent Calendar with a new recipe for each day in December leading up to Christmas Day.
Is It Gluten-Free?
The cake is gluten-free. But the frosting may not contain gluten-free ingredients. So, be sure to check out the ingredient label on the back.
How To Freeze Angry Birds Cake Recipe?
Freeze cake in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Moisture in the freezer can cause fruitcakes to crack, so it is best to cover them with plastic wrap so that air cannot get into the container. Freezing causes the cake to become crumbly.
If you want to keep it intact, layer cake pans are easier to transport than a single cake. Food storage containers with tight-fitting lids (such as soft plastic containers) are also helpful if you plan on freezing multiple cakes at a time.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
The sugar and fat content and the high levels of cholesterol make this cake a poor choice for heart patients.
Are There Any Other Points To Remember Before Cooking This Recipe?
Your batter should be stirred thoroughly before pouring it into the prepared cake pans. It would also help spray your cake pans with non-stick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper. The powdered sugar will stick to the grease cake pans, so you will need to flour each layer after baking, and it may get a little messy.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
This cake contains too much cholesterol and saturated fat to be considered a suitable food item for breastfeeding women.
Is It Suitable For Diabetics?
No, as it contains sugar and saturated fat.
This is an easy-to-make recipe for a delicious cake. Colorful and flavorful, Angry Birds cake is not just any ordinary cake. It’s a fabulous dessert that the entire family can enjoy.
If you want to share a fun treat with your children while spoiling them with this delicious cake, this recipe is suitable. Enjoy the recipe!