The Belizean cold cake recipe is so amazing. This recipe comes out of the oven with a moist and dense texture that crumbles into pieces and makes a great breakfast or dessert option. Cold cake is one such dish: it’s almost like a pie version of cheesecake, and the possibilities for flavor combinations are limitless. Here you will find 8 delicious combos to get your taste buds guessing.
How to make Belizean Cold Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving: 4 grams
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or cooking oil
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar or taste: remember that the cake will be sweeter once baked and refrigerated.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
Step 3: Add margarine, oil, and eggs. Mix with a fork.
Step 4: Add sugar gradually; mix well after each addition.
Step 5: Pour into a greased 10-by-4″ bread pan or similar pan and bake for about 1 hour or until cake rises and golden brown. Leave in the pan for an additional 30 minutes to cool down before removing to serve.
Nutritional Fact of Belizean Cold Cake Recipe
Belizean Cold Cake Recipe: Amazing 9 Serving Suggestions
1. Make the batter and cook it on a hot grill. When cooked and cooled down, slice into pieces, layer with vanilla ice cream or fresh fruits; serve cold.
2. Make the batter and pour it into muffin cups. Bake for about 15 minutes, then cool. Serve with ice cream or fresh fruits; this recipe makes about 10 servings.
3. In a bowl, add the almond meal and sugar; mix until well combined and fine in texture. Then add in the melted butter and milk; mix until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt; then incorporate the milk mixture with the dry ingredients.
Mix until well combined and fine in texture. Serve with fresh fruits or ice cream; this recipe makes about 8 servings.
4. Make the batter by adding the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Mix well until they are incorporated evenly; then add the butter, almond meal, and sugar mix until extremely smooth.
5. Cook cakes on a hot griddle. Cooldown; then slice into pieces, layer with vanilla ice cream, or serve cold.
6. The batter should be stiff and grainy in texture. Prepare the muffin cups by adding the almond meal, sugar, butter, and milk mixture to each cup. Then bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Cool down, then serve with ice cream as a dessert or breakfast; this recipe makes about 10 servings.
7. This cake can be eaten nice with milk as a dessert too; it tastes great with milk on hot summer days; this recipe makes about 10 servings.
8. The batter should be grainy and stiff in texture. Add the almond meal and sugar, then the melted butter and milk. Mix until well combined and smooth.
9. The batter should be grainy and stiff in texture. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add in the butter and milk powders. Next, add the egg yolks into the butter; mix until well combined.
Is It Suitable for Diabetic Patients?
Yes, most Belizean recipes are very low in calories, and this recipe is no different. This cake is made from an egg that has zero grams of carbs. I can make this cake for someone like myself with diabetes and eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner with great results.
Is It Suitable for Pregnant Women?
You should ask the doctor if it is safe for you to eat this cake while you’re pregnant. This recipe is okay for you if you are breastfeeding and following a strict diet plan.
Is It Gluten-Free?
No, this recipe is not gluten-free because there is flour in it.
Is It Suitable for Vegetarians?
You can make this cake with or without eggs, and it will still taste great. You can use vegetable oil to replace butter or margarine.
Is dose Belizean cold cake recipe Good for Children?
Yes, this recipe is good for children. It would make a good dessert for the kids. Belizean cold cake recipe is a special dessert that they will enjoy.
Can I Freeze the Belizean cold cake recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this cake. It will last in your refrigerator for about 3 to 10 days, depending on the brand of margarine that you use.
Can I Use Any Liquid Instead of Milk?
If you are allergic to milk, substitute with soy milk and use the same amount. If you don’t have any soy milk available, leave it out or replace it with water or orange juice. You can also try using dried fruit juices like mango juice or cranberry juice.
Belizean cold cake recipe is a special cake that you should try. This recipe will change your life. You don’t need a special occasion for this cake; every day is a special occasion for you. You can have it every morning for breakfast, afternoon for lunch and dinner, and at any time of the day as a dessert.
I love making this cake and the other members of my family. I’m sure that once you get the hang of making this cake, you will share it with your loved ones, and everyone will tell you that it’s the best cake recipe in Belize. You can also add nuts to increase your daily protein intake.