The Best Steam Fruit Cake Recipe is a perfect dessert for any special occasion. Made with a mixture of spices, this cake is easy to make and will have everyone coming back for seconds. Enjoy this fruit cake with a cup of coffee for breakfast or as a midday snack.
A Steam Fruit Cake Recipe is a versatile dessert; you can change the fruits to suit your taste or even create ginger or coffee-flavored cake by adding different spices or coffee grounds.
We will be sharing the best six recipes for a perfect fruit cake that you can prepare and enjoy with your family. Each recipe is wonderful and will give you a different experience every time.
How To Make the Best Steam Fruit Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup (236 ml) boiling water
- 2 2/3 cups (500 g) plain flour
- 2 cups (450 g) sugar
- 1 cup (235 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F). Grease an 8″ x 8″ (20 cm X 20 cm) square pan.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. Add the boiling water, milk, and butter to the flour mixture and stir until well combined to form a smooth batter.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean with moist crumbs when inserted in the middle of the cake.
5. Cool the cake on the rack.
6. Serve immediately, or cover with simple syrup to prepare for the next day.
The Best Steam Fruit Cake is made with a combination of spices and fruits, making it taste delightfully heavenly.
The spices in this fruit cake include nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. The fruits used are fresh and are mixed in the best possible way to give you an exceptional flavor. You can make your homemade syrup for use as a glaze or serve it as is with ice-cold milk.
Nutrition Facts Of Best Steam Fruit Cake Recipe
Health Benefits Of the Best Steam Fruit Cake Recipe
Best Steam Fruit Cake Recipe serves as a perfect dessert on any given occasion. The fruit cake is rich in carbohydrates, essential for the body’s energy production.
You can always store this cake in the freezer to have an ice-cold drink. With its pretty look and wonderful taste, you will be surprised by how delicious it tastes!
Tips: You can prepare your flavored syrup or glaze for this steam fruit cake recipe.
Best 6 Preparation Ideas For the Best Steam Fruit Cake Recipe
1. Prepare your flavored syrup and pour it on the cake to serve. To make a simple syrup, mix one cup of water with two cups of sugar; bring to a boil and stir for about five minutes until the mixture thickens.
2. You can also prepare orange flavored glaze for your fruit cake by mixing two tablespoons of orange zest with four tablespoons of water; boil for three minutes.
3. You can also use other fruits in your fruit cake recipe. Mix with vanilla, red cherries, and raspberries for a change.
4. You can add some chocolate chips to your steam fruit cake recipe mashed with milk cream.
If you want to prepare a triple-layered fruit cake, you can always use three 8″ (20 cm) pans instead of two layers.
5. The main ingredient used in this recipe is flour, making it dense and heavy.
Instead of weighing out the ingredients, you can use a kitchen scale to measure each element to get perfect results.
6. Best Steam Fruit Cake Recipe does not come with an icing-type glaze, so you will have to prepare your glaze to serve on top of this cake. Designing your ice is simple, as you only need to heat the milk and sugar until it caramelizes (reduces in temperature).
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Best Steam Fruit Cake Recipe is Sugar-Free and Gluten-Free. Therefore, it has a low Glycemic value and is suitable for pregnant women.
It is best to have a balanced diet to keep you energized throughout the day. This cake can be served with milk or half-and-half.
The light texture of this fruit cake makes it perfect for serving after dinner as it will not interfere with your digestion.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
The butter in this fruit cake recipe is used to make the cake moist, so it is suitable for those suffering from heart diseases.
It also has low cholesterol and high calcium content, which will help improve your heart health.
Can You Freeze This Fruit Cake Recipe?
You can freeze this steam fruit cake recipe. Thaw, then mix with a little water before steaming for about 20 minutes. This will prevent the cake from staying hard when it cools down.
Is It Healthy For Diabetics?
This fruit cake recipe is low in fat and sodium, which makes it great for people who have diabetes. The carbs found in this fruit cake are unrefined and good for a diabetic diet.
Is It Safe For Children?
This recipe contains raw eggs and milk, making it unsuitable for children. It is, however, better to have only half a slice of this fruit cake to keep the weight off. This can be eaten after dinner, as it will not interfere with sleep.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
A fruit cake can’t be hurt by adding a few more fruits, but it’s best to check if any of them are not suitable for breastfeeding. Some fruits like apricots, cherries, and dates contain natural sugars that could affect the baby’s frequency of feedings or cause gas.
Where Can You Buy This Steam Fruit Cake Recipe?
You can buy the best fruit cake recipe from your local stores or get them shipped if they are not available in your area.
Is It Healthy?
This cake recipe is suited for all age groups. It is healthy as it contains no preservatives, and all the ingredients used are natural. Dieters, who want to lose weight, will be able to enjoy this fruit cake as it only has a few calories.
The fats and sugars found in this recipe are essential for the body’s energy production. It will not make you resistant to insulin, so people with diabetes suffering from low blood sugar levels can eat this without any worries.
In conclusion, the steam fruit cake is a great recipe to try, as it comes with plenty of health benefits. The combination of fruits and spices makes it a great dessert after dinner.
This cake can be prepared a day before or eaten as-is with ice-cold milk for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. It is important to note that every recipe will give you different results every time you make it.