Black Banana Cake Recipe is just the right texture and has a nice subtle banana flavor with a hint of nutmeg. This cake is made out of whole meal flour and has no refined sugar. Black bananas are rich in soluble fiber, beta-carotene, potassium, and vitamin C, which are good for the body.
What Is A Black Banana Cake Recipe?
The black banana cake recipe is a dessert prepared from black bananas. It originated in Jamaica and has always been a signature dessert of this region. This cake recipe is whole meal or all-purpose flour, sugar, and nuts.
Health Benefits Of Black Banana Cake Recipe
1. Nutrients Naturally Preserved:
The sweetness in the black banana and its natural preservative properties make it good for teeth and bone health. It helps prevent tooth decay and bone loss by maintaining calcium deposits while neutralizing harmful acids and making them a good source of Vitamin C.
2. A Good Source Of Vitamin C:
Black bananas are good sources of vitamin C and also known for their cancer-fighting properties.
3. A Good Source Of Potassium:
Its potassium content makes it rich in dietary fiber, helps improve cholesterol levels and blood pressure, and regulates the heartbeat.
It contains pectin, which is known to promote digestion, prevent gas, and the formation of ulcers.
How To Make Black Banana Cake Recipe?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serving: 6 grams
- 2 loaves of the firm or Italian-style yeast
- 1 cup of whole meal flour (or all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons of sugar or honey (for sweetness)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten (for consistency)
- 2 cups of self-rising flour (or more self-raising if needed)
- ¾ cup raisins (optional)
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 2 small black bananas, mashed (optional)
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Grease two 9-inch round cake tins.
3. Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each, then beat in vanilla essence, whole meal flour, and baking powder. Stir in milk, and mashed bananas by hand (if you are not using bananas), then add whole meal flour and nuts. Stir until just combined.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tins and smooth the tops with a spatula or wooden spoon.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes (20-25 minutes if you use all-purpose flour).
6. Once baked, leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely before finishing with icing. If you want to do so, leave it as is and enjoy! (Optional)
7. Top with nuts, whipped cream, or anything that suits your taste.
Nutrition Facts Of Black Banana Cake Recipe
7 Health Benefits Of Black Banana Cake Recipe
1) Black Banana Cake Recipe is just the right texture and has a nice subtle banana flavor with a hint of nutmeg. This cake is made out of whole meal flour and has no refined sugar.
2) Black bananas are rich in soluble fiber, beta-carotene, potassium, and vitamin C, so they are good for the body.
3) Black bananas also have natural enzymes that aid digestion and are also thought to contain cancer-fighting agents.
4) Black bananas can treat diarrhea, constipation, blood purifier, and improve heart health; they can also help you lose weight.
5) Black bananas are also an effective remedy for depression, insomnia, and stress.
6) It is said that black bananas are an effective mosquito repellent as they have a high vitamin C content. They also contain tannin, which is believed to kill dengue mosquitoes by blocking their bloodsucking abilities.
7) Black strawberries are just as good as black bananas in their anti-cancer and anti-viral attributes.
Is It Gluten-Free?
The answer is no; it isn’t. This recipe is not gluten-free.
So, What’s The Point?
The point of this recipe is to share and recognize the many health benefits of both black bananas and black strawberries. In addition, there are many more recipes available for both bananas and strawberries that can be enjoyed healthily by anyone.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
The answer is yes; it is good for heart patients. This is because black bananas are packed with important nutrients like vitamins and minerals; they also help keep the body healthy, increase energy levels, and give you a sense of well-being.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
The answer is yes, it is suitable for breastfeeding women. You can enjoy it even if you are breastfeeding or not since the ingredients in this recipe are safe for consumption by babies.
Is It Safe To Eat?
The answer is definitely YES. As long as you don’t add in any unnecessary additives, this recipe is perfectly safe to eat and can assist your health to a very great extent.
The black banana is a banana cultivar (Musa x paradisiacal) that turns black as it ripens and does not turn yellow when ripe. It is also known as chocolate fingers, slate, or violet bananas.
This delicious dessert can be enjoyed without worrying about the sugar content because it has none.