The traditional Greek dish, Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe has some unique nutritional values: it’s low in calories and counts as a good source of protein. It also contains healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
The Traditional Greek Dish, Butter Chicken Moussaka, is a delicious dish derived from the Mediterranean’s Mediterranean regions and especially from Greece. It is normally a dish prepared in the oven, but we will be preparing it on the stovetop for this recipe.
How To Make Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serving: 50 grams
- 1½ lbs. of eggplant
- ¼ cup of butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
Step 1. Cut the eggplants in ¼ inch slices and then give them a piece on the diagonal to make nice triangles. In a large bowl, marinate the eggplant by adding salt to it for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, rinse them with water and let them dry.
Step 2. In a large pan, heat the butter and let it melt. As the butter melts, add the eggplant to the pan and cook them until they become a bit crispy on the edges (do not overcook)
Step 3. Once they are cooked, add olive oil to help cook them evenly.
Step 4. Add spices such as oregano, salt, and pepper to your moussaka recipe, and then pour in half of the tomato sauce from step 7 of this recipe.
Step 5. In a separate pot, add the rest of the tomato sauce and other spices to make the sauce. Once cooked, move the cooked sauce to a bowl and let it cool down.
Step 6. Once the eggplant and tomato sauce is cooled down, you can touch up your butter chicken moussaka recipe with some cheese (feta if you want it) and some pine nuts for extra flavor
Step 7. On a large pan, lay a layer of eggplant followed by sauce and topped with cheese. Please continue to do this until it turns out like an omelet. You can also put some pine nuts on top to add more flavor that blends well with the butter chicken moussaka recipe.
Step 8. Cover the casserole dish with parchment paper and then cook for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Step 9. For best results, serve it hot!
Step 10. If you want to come up with different variations of the traditional Greek dish, butter chicken moussaka recipe, you can add other vegetables such as zucchini or mushrooms.
Nutrition Fact Of Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe:
|Total Fat||10.8 g 17%|
|Saturated Fat||2.6g 12%|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5.9 g|
|Cholesterol||25 mg 8%|
|Total Carbohydrate||6.3 g 2%|
|Dietary Fiber||1.9 g 8%|
|Protein||3.2 g 6%|
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
Yes, it is suitable for heart patients as it contains some healthy fats known to protect the heart.
Is It Suitable For Diabetics?
Yes, this recipe is a great option for people with diabetes as it contains only 2 grams of total carbohydrate per serving and 2 grams of dietary fiber per serving.
What Is The Difference Between A Mediterranean Diet And An Eastern European Diet?
A Mediterranean diet is different from an Eastern European diet because it contains more vegetables, fruits, nuts, and legumes to keep up with the calories.
Is Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe Suitable For Your Body?
The butter chicken moussaka recipe is suitable for your body because it contains olive oil, which is known to have some heart-healthy benefits. Also, it has a low amount of saturated fat, which benefits those who want to reduce their total cholesterol levels.
9 Amazing Health Benefits Of Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe
1. Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe: This dish is rich in protein (high protein) but low in carbohydrates, fat, and calories. It has ingredients such as eggplants, good sources of fiber, iron, and vitamins.
2. The Traditional Greek Dish, Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe: This dish is also high in iron and vitamins A, D, B6, and C.
3. The traditional Greek dish, Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe, is fat-free and contains no sodium or salt (low sodium).
4. Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe: This recipe is high in potassium (a good source of potassium) and a good source of vitamin K.
5. The Traditional Greek Dish, Butter Chicken Moussaka recipe is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that promote heart health because they help prevent the arteries’ hardening and lowering triglycerides levels.
6. This is a good source of dietary fiber, which helps reduce bad cholesterol levels.
7. Butter Chicken Moussaka recipe contains no saturated fat, which reduces the risk of heart disease and also improves bone health.
8. The Traditional Greek Dish, Butter Chicken Moussaka recipe is low in calories, making it a suitable meal for weight watchers.
9. Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe: This recipe is high in iron, promoting good brain functioning and other benefits.
Can You Freeze Butter Chicken Moussaka Recipe?
Yes, this dish can be frozen before cooking. However, you have to freeze it in air-tight freezer bags to prevent the food from spoiling and prevent condensation (you do not want water in your freezer bag).
The best way to freeze this recipe is: Take out a portion of the tomato sauce that you want and put it in the freezer bag. Placed are some eggplant slices for later use (I usually do about 10 pieces).
The Bottom Line:
So, we can see that the butter chicken moussaka recipe is a great alternative to the traditional Greek dish, where you get all the benefits of a Mediterranean diet at an affordable price.
This butter chicken moussaka recipe is rich in protein and a good source of dietary fiber. It also contains a high amount of iron, making it great for the heart and brain.
A Mediterranean diet is lower in fat and carbohydrates. They use olive oil rather than butter, which has a higher fat content than olive oil. Also, they use toasted bread and pasta instead of white bread rich in avoiding bad cholesterol and avoiding weight gain compared to other alternatives.