Cha Cha Coconut Chicken Recipe is a traditional Mexican dish. It is often served at home parties or any other family gathering. It has an abundance of great-tasting spices, which will tantalize your taste buds and get you wanting more. It’s a crowd-pleaser and a healthy meal.
You will be surprised at the number of nutrients this dish has to offer your body. This recipe is made with chicken, but you can easily substitute it for ground turkey or beef. It is so simple to make and takes about 15 minutes to prepare and bake.
How To Make Cha Cha Coconut Chicken Recipe?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serving: 20 grams
- Coconut Flour, 1 cup
- Sea salt, 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Ground cumin, 1 teaspoon
Cha Cha Coconut Sauce:
- Honey, 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, ½ cup
Green onions, chopped (optional) Instructions: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking oil. To make the sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients with a blender or food processor.
Step 1. Place chicken in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, and cumin. Mix well. Add coconut flour, honey, and 1 teaspoon of sea salt in a separate small bowl or food processor. Mix in coconut flour with another teaspoon of sea salt until the mixture forms a thick dough.
Roll out the dough into a thin line lengthwise on a flat surface. Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices, half an inch thick.
Step 2. Place the chicken on top of the dough and wrap it. Place the wrap on a greased baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes. Serve with sauce on top of the chicken and garnish with green onions if you’re using them. You can also use the sauce as a dip.
8 Important Health Benefits Of Cha Cha Coconut Chicken Recipe
1. Chia seeds and coconut flour are excellent sources of fiber. Fiber is important because it helps lower blood cholesterol and it also aids in stabilizing blood sugar levels. It is recommended that you eat at least 25 grams of fiber daily.
2. Raw honey has many health benefits. Raw honey has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a great natural remedy for various disorders and diseases such as insomnia, allergies, sinusitis, arthritis, and hepatitis.
3. Coconut is a very good substitute for oils in cooking. Studies have shown that coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), which are easier to digest than other fats and can be used by your body as an immediate energy source.
4. Coconut is also cholesterol-lowering and blood sugar-stabilizing properties.
5. Garlic is known to have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, cholesterol-lowering, and blood pressure-lowering properties.
6. Green onions have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, cholesterol-lowering, and blood pressure-lowering properties.
7. Ground cumin has blood pressure-lowering properties.
8.Sea salt is rich in minerals such as copper, selenium, and iodine, important for good health.
Have Any Side Effects On Cha Cha Coconut Chicken Recipe?
In addition to its many health benefits, Cha Cha Coconut Chicken is delicious. However, this recipe does have a few side effects:
1. Allergic reactions are possible.
2. Rashes may occur due to the large amounts of coconut in this dish. If this happens to you, discontinue use immediately and wash it off with soap and water or cleanse the area with alcohol or vinegar to neutralize the oil on your skin.
Is Cha Cha Coconut Chicken Recipe Gluten-Free?
Cha Cha Coconut Chicken is not gluten-free because it has flour, is often made from wheat, and contains gluten.
How To Store Cha Cha Coconut Chicken Recipe?
To store this dish, you should place it in an airtight plastic container or glass dish, covered with a lid or foil. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days.
Is It Safe For Diabetes Patients?
No, it is not safe for diabetes patients because of the large number of carbohydrates that this recipe has. However, if you want to add more protein, you can use ground turkey or ground beef in place of the chicken breast.
Is Cha Cha Coconut Chicken Recipe Healthy?
Yes, it is healthy; however, it does have many carbohydrates and fat. This recipe is good for those looking for a little bit of a kick in their diet.
Cha Cha Coconut Chicken Recipe is a traditional Mexican dish. It has an abundance of great-tasting spices, which will tantalize your taste buds and get you wanting more. It’s a crowd-pleaser and a healthy meal. You will be surprised at the number of nutrients this dish has to offer your body.