Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe is a soup with a light yet substantial flavor and is wonderfully thick. This recipe includes chunks of chicken and tomatoes that add to the overall flavor.
The soup has a wonderful creamy texture, which can be achieved by adding a little more cream or half-and-half while cooking the soup. When you serve the dish, garnish it with freshly ground black pepper and fresh basil leaves for an extra bit of zing and color. The rich white soup base will be vibrant in color due to this garnish.
How To Make Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe?
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serving: 150 grams
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth (4-1/2 cups for thinner soup; 5-1/2 cups for thicker soup)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked chicken breast (about 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour**
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Step 1. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the chopped onion and cook it over low heat until they are soft but not brown.
Step 2. Pour chicken broth into the pot and add chopped tomatoes, cooked chicken breast, tomato paste, flour, and salt to taste. Simmer with lid on for about 15 minutes or until desired thickness is reached: thin soup for about 20 minutes; thick soup for about 25-30 minutes.
Step 3. Remove from heat and let it cool down for 10 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also use a regular blender or food processor.
Step 4. Pour the pureed soup into a large heavy-bottomed saucepan and add heavy cream or half-and-half. Stir with a whisk and return to stove over medium heat.
Step 5. Bring it to boil and continue simmer until the soup thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon; about 12 minutes.
Step 6. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and basil leaves if wanted. Serve immediately.
*I’ve found that using a stainless-steel pan works best to cook chicken Rosa Marina soup.
1. The amount of cream or half-and-half that you add in Step 4 should be done depending on your desired consistency of the soup base. For example, if you want thin soup, use 4 cups of broth and just 1 cup of cream or half-and-half. For thick soup, use 5 cups of broth and 1 cup of cream or half-and-half.
2. You can also use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make vegetarian soup.
3. You can use rotisserie chicken to save time. This recipe will still work if you are in a hurry.
4. You can also use a mixture of paprika, ground thyme, and dried basil to replace the tomato paste. Just make sure that you add salt in Step 2.
5. If you are not a big fan of black pepper, you can omit it from the garnish. If you don’t want the soup to be too sweet, leave the pepper out.
6. You can also add all-purpose flour (1 tablespoon) to the vegetables and chicken broth in Step 1 to make it thicker. The flour will help thicken the soup base and eliminate lumps while cooking.
7. If you have a food processor, you can use 2 cups of chicken broth and 2 tablespoons of tomato paste in Step 1.
Nutritional Information Of Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe:
|Dietary Fiber||2.9 g|
|Net Carbohydrate||15.4 g|
Amazing 9 Serving Ideas Of Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe:
1. Serve the soup with a generous side of a grilled cheese sandwich. You can go beyond chicken and have pork, beef, or even vegan cheese to make this meal more nutritious.
2. This soup is perfect for birthday parties and Christmas celebrations. You can serve it in a decorative bowl and garnish it with basil leaves.
3. Make sure that you are not adding the cream or half-and-half in the soup when serving for kids at school lunches.
4. You can add olives, grilled chicken strips, and tomatoes for more texture and taste.
5. If you want to make this recipe into a full meal, you can add more ingredients like pasta, rice, or potatoes.
6. This soup is perfect for parties because it is rich in flavor and filling enough to keep hunger pangs at bay.
7. Add butter or olive oil on top of the soup if you want an extra kick of flavor and an extra dose of fats in your diet.
9. Make sure that you keep your eyes on the chicken while it is simmering so that you do not overcook it and lose most of its nutrition count.
The best option is to use a digital thermometer which can be purchased online for less than $10, so that you can monitor the heat level of your soup easily without having to stir all the time.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Are you thinking of what is good to eat when you are pregnant? Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe is high in fats, but if you are gaining weight, this is the perfect dish for a healthy pregnancy. The creamy soup is full of nutrients to maintain a healthy body, especially your baby’s growth.
Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe contains plenty of calcium and protein to help maintain strong teeth and bones. This recipe also has a good vitamin B12, which is important for nervous system functions. However, this recipe can be too high in calories, so it is important to check your daily intake based on your particular needs.
How Long Does It Last?
I have found that the soup keeps well for about 3-4 days in the fridge when kept in a covered container. If you use heavy cream or half-and-half, it can last for up to a week.
I usually keep the soup in the fridge, but if you want to bring it out of the refrigerator, make sure that it is at room temperature before serving. Many people prefer to eat Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe when it is cold.
If you want to freeze, you can do so after the soup has been cooled and then transferred into cookie jars or other freezer-safe containers. Ensure that you are not leaving any leftover, especially once it has been thawed.
How Often Can I Eat?
Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe has plenty of healthy fats so that you can eat it as part of your ketogenic diet. This Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe is recommended for those who are just starting a keto diet. Despite the high fat count in the soup, you will still feel full and satisfied. The creamy base is also very filling, and you can get more than one serving out of one batch.
As you can see from Chicken Rosa Marina Soup Recipe above, Chicken Rosa Marina Soup is easy to make and healthy. It has a creamy base with tons of nutrients and minerals. This soup is one of the best keto recipes you can use for a healthy pregnancy, and it does not lack in taste at all.
If you are looking for good recipes for pregnancy, you should consider making Chicken Rosa Marina Soup and try it out today.