Dora cake Recipe is a traditional Swedish Christmas cake made with rye flour, dried fruit, and raisins. Dora cake has multiple health benefits. It’s full of sucrose and protein, which provides you with an energy boost. That’s not all! Critical nutrients such as iron, vitamin B1, folate, and vitamin B6 will make your skin more radiant. The antioxidants found in Dora cake help fight off free radicals within the body that can lead to cancer.
How To Make Dora cake recipe?
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Serving: 4 grams
- 1 cup of soft butter
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tsp yeast
- ¾ cup whole milk or regular milk (low fat)
- butter (melted) for brushing the cake pan
- 2 tbsp. Sugar for garnishing and sprinkling on top.
1. In a bowl, mix eggs well. Add butter, and continue to mix. Add the rest of the ingredients as mentioned in the ingredients section (keep aside 2 tbsp. sugar).
2. In a standing mixer bowl, add 3 cups flour and yeast; stir to combine until it forms a ball of dough. Cover with plastic wrap; let rest for about an hour If you are using the dough immediately for your Dora cake, proceed to step 3:
3. A well-greased, floured round cake tin works best. If you do not have one, you can use a banana leaf. Dust the tin/banana leaf with flour and sugar as needed.
4. On a floured surface, roll out dough to about ⅔ inch thickness and cut out shapes to fit the bottom of your cake tin or banana leaf. Place the cut-out pieces on top of whatever base you are using.
5. add hot water to the dough pieces thin and cover with another banana leaf/cake tin.
6. Cover the top of your cake tin with a loose tea towel and place in a warm, dark place to let rise for 1 ½ hour or until it has doubled in size.
7. During the last half hour, preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C)8. Remove the tea towel before baking.
9. Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until the top of the cake turns golden brown and springs back if touched gently. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
10. After it has cooled, you can use icing to decorate and add a little sprinkle of sugar.
11. Serve the cake within 3 days, although best if eaten sooner to get rid of the moisture.
Dora cake is a traditional Swedish Christmas cake made with rye flour, dried fruit, and raisins.
Nutrition Fact of Dora Cake Recipe
|Dietary Fiber||1.2 g|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
Dora cake recipe: 10 Best Health Benefits
1. Helps the digestive process– Dora Cake contains many glutens, which increases nutrient absorption. This ensures that the body better comforts itself both at night and while fasting in between meals.
2. The yeast used in Dora cake helps regulate blood sugar levels and prevents dangerous spikes in blood sugar, leading to diabetes or early aging.
3. Helps reduce appetite & make you feel full – when you eat Dora cake, it’ll make you feel full. It has a high fiber content, which prevents the body from absorbing all of the calories in food. Consequently, if you consume too many calories in one go, the body will store them as fat because it cannot absorb them all.
4. Helps in the formation of collagen & bones – Dora cake contains large amounts of calcium, which is necessary for constructing bones and collagen in the body. It also helps the body absorb this mineral better to strengthen bone density.
5. Helps you to sleep better – To ensure that you can get a good night’s sleep, you need a healthy level of serotonin in your body. Serotonin is a hormone that helps you feel happy hence it also plays a role in regulating sleep. The high fiber content of Dora cake makes it an ideal sleep aid after a hearty meal.
6. Helps you to reduce tiredness – the high amounts of protein in Dora cake will make the body repair itself by building proteins and repairing damaged cells. One should take this cake on their break between meals since it will help them restore their energy levels because they need more calories.
7. Helps you improve your cognitive skills – Dora cake is primarily made of barley & oats. These foods contain a high amount of folic acid & vitamin B12, which helps increase cognitive function, reduce tiredness and improve memory.
8. Helps to reduce sugar cravings – the sugar content in Dora cake helps reduce sugar cravings in the body because it gives you immediate energy to perform tasks at hand. It also works with low blood sugar levels by producing more insulin in the body to better absorb nutrients.
9. Helps to improve digestion – The high fiber amount in the cake makes it easier to digest and absorb all of the nutrients inside it, including those that are not simple sugars.
10. Helps you maintain healthy blood sugar levels – the sugar content in Dora cake helps regulate your blood sugar levels by activating enzymes inside the cells, which help break down excess glucose into energy. This ensures that you do not suffer from sugar crashes between meals or right before bed.
Is It Suitable for Diabetic Patients?
1. The sugar in this cake puts it in the doubtful category for diabetics. But it is not as harmful as refined sugar and causes less of a spike in blood sugar levels. Therefore, people with diabetes can eat this cake sparingly as long as they keep their intake small.
2. This cake is suitable for diabetic patients because Dora cake does not cause a spike in blood sugar levels and is free of refined sugars.
3. Barley is not a plant commonly associated with people with diabetes but contains beta-glucan, which helps prevent blood sugar spikes and lowers insulin production. Additionally, Dora cake includes a high amount of fiber, making it easier for the body to absorb nutrients.
4. Dora cake does not contain refined sugars. Still, because of its high amounts of barley and oats, it can reduce your glucose levels by helping the body produce glucose to maintain proper blood sugar levels.
Is It Good for Weight Loss?
1. Dora cake is very rich in carbohydrates that replenish your energy and rapidly release energy, which helps you lose weight.
2. If you are looking for a low-calorie, high-fiber snack that will fill you up and help you reach your daily calorie needs, Dora cake is the best choice for you as it is low in fat and calories.
3. Barley and oat are some of the most filling grains you can eat. These two grains help to fill you up with the fiber they contain, which is why this cake will be good for your diet and weight loss.
4. The nuts used in the batter are another great way to enjoy Dora cake as they make it healthy and give you a burst of energy without causing you to gain weight.
How To Store Dora cake recipe?
Dora cake should not be stored in the refrigerator for longer than 2 weeks.
Is Dora Cake Healthy?
It is best to inquire with a registered dietician or nutritionist before deciding on a diet plan. No matter how nutritious these cakes may seem, they are still high in calories and should be consumed in moderation (1–2 per day).
Dora Cake is a delicious, easy to make and nutritious cake recipe. It is full of protein, calcium and fiber which makes you full after consumption. It improves cognitive function and reduces tiredness.