Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe is a delicious and decadent cake that can be topped with a sweet syrup, used as a base for an ice cream cake, or made into mini cupcakes! This article will explore 6 ways to use this delicious recipe.
There are many reasons why Fran Costigan’s Chocolate Cake Recipe has become such an obsession with real food enthusiasts. The best way to describe this recipe is by using the term “Chocolate Magic.” You will be amazed by how rich, chocolaty and moist this cake is. It’s like eating a cake that has been infused with pure chocolate flavor!
The classic version is simple, rustic, and classic. I want to take you on a journey through making this decadent chocolate cake recipe step by step. I will show you how you can customize the flavors for your unique taste buds. I will walk you through the steps for creating different chocolate cake flavors and serve them all up at a decadent dessert party.
How To Make Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe?
Ingredients For Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons high-quality vegan, soy-free butter (like Earth Balance), plus more for greasing pan
- 2 cups, plus 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces of unsweetened natural cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 ounces of cocoa powder sifted off any lumps (you may use a mixture of unsweetened and semi-sweetened).
Directions For Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe:
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9-inch cake pan with tin foil. Grease the foil with vegan butter and set aside.
2. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or by hand), beat together the vegan butter and 2 tablespoons of softened vegan butter until smooth. Add in the 2 cups of flour and mix until only small handfuls remain sticking to the sides of the mixing bowl.
4. Add in the unsweetened cocoa powder and mix until just combined.
5. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix on low for about 5 minutes. The battery will be thick and glossy. The batter will be spreadable, but it should not be overly thick.
6. pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The cake should be cooked all the way through but not too dry. The cake will become dryer and crumblier as it cools. Let cool, then remove from cake pan using the foil as handles. Let the cake cool completely on a cooling rack before frosting or serving.
7. Once cool, you may frost or glaze the cake like normal, but I prefer to leave this chocolate cake recipe bare and enjoy all of the flavors in their pure form! Enjoy
Preparation Time: About 1 hour
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serving: 1 9″ cake, 8-12 servings of frosting/glaze
Total Time:1h 45 minutes
Yields: 1 9″ cake
Nutrition Facts Of Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe
|Sugar Alcohols||0 g|
|Sodium||173 mg (6% DV)|
|Vitamin A||12 % DV|
|Vitamin C||1 % DV|
6 Amazing Serving Ideas Of Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe
1. Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe Frosted with Coconut Buttercream for the holidays:
I love the holiday treats topped with pure coconut buttercream frosting. A rich chocolate cake is so decadent and sweet. It pairs perfectly with coconut buttercream. This is a wonderful option for chocolate lovers who do not want to indulge in dairy products!
2. Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe Ice Cream Cake:
This is one of my favorite uses for the chocolate cake recipe. I love to make it into an ice cream cake and keep the layers vanilla or chocolate.
3. Chocolate Cake with Caramel Sauce:
This is a nice option if you like to have a combo of flavors and textures in your dessert. The caramel sauce helps give the chocolate cake a creamy texture without taking away from the chocolaty goodness!
4. Chocolate Almond Cake:
Almond flour cakes are typically quite dense, but this is a light and fluffy chocolate cake that would be a welcome addition to any diet.
5. Chocolate Hazelnut Cake:
The hazelnuts provide a nutty undertone that adds delicious texture and complexity to the chocolate cake. This will be a great option if you like a more subtle flavor in your chocolate cake!
6. Chocolate Blackberry Cake:
Yum! This is a chocolate cake recipe that is so full of chocolate flavor. The rich flavor of the chocolate might be too much for some people, but I find it delicious!
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Yes, Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe is suitable for pregnant women as it is made without any gluten ingredients. It is a bit high in sugar content, so it is best to indulge in small portions.
The cake contains good fats and ample amounts of protein too. The vegan butter may not be suitable for those allergic to dairy products. However, the recipe can be easily customized to make it dairy-free.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
The recipe, as written, does not have hidden sugars. However, in this particular case, the frosting can be higher in sugar content. It is best to read labels and check ingredients before consuming any diet based on the Paleo diet and Sugar-Free diets like the LCHF (low carb, high fat).
Is It Good For Kidney Patients?
Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe is great for kidney patients, as the ingredient list is short and contains only natural ingredients. The cake recipe can be consumed by anyone and might make a good breakfast cake with a little bit of butter on top!
The truth is that there are many health benefits associated with chocolate cake. It has a very superior anti-oxidant value that balances free radical damage and oxidative stress in the body.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients?
In a Paleo diet, all foods are natural and fresh. This also proves to be good for heart patients. The fact that it is rich in fiber helps control blood sugar levels and lower cholesterol. The chocolate cake uses only naturally occurring ingredients and has no trans fats or cholesterol that could interfere with heart disease symptoms. It is best enjoyed after a workout session or as a small snack of 100 calories in between meals.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
The recipe is a great one for breastfeeding women. It is free of lactose and wheat products, making it easy to digest and healthy for both the mom and the baby during breastfeeding.
The chocolate cake recipe has more than enough essential nutrients that are good for growing children. A glass of milk can go very well with the cake when served warm or cold.
The Fran Costigan Chocolate Cake Recipe is a dessert that people of all ages will like. The recipe is easy to follow and turns out great every time. If you want to impress someone, you can try this amazing cake recipe.
There are many testimonials from people who have made this cake and those who have tasted it. Everyone seems to agree that this is one of the most delicious chocolate cakes.