Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe is a cake recipe and kind of a dumpling. This gluten-free dessert is simple to make, with few ingredients and even less effort. It has a soft, airy texture and tastes amazing with some fresh berries on the side. Many people will recognize it as the cake served at Japanese restaurants.
This gluten-free daim cake recipe is perfect for those looking for an easy dessert that doesn’t require too much work but leaves everyone feeling satisfied when they bite into it.
How To Make Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe?
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Served: 3 Serving
Ingredients For Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe:
- Gluten-Free Flour: 1 cup of Flour
- Oil, Canola: 2 tbsp.
- All-Purpose Curd/ Yogurt: 1 tbsp.
- Salt Cardamom Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence: 1 tsp (optional)
- Fudginess: 2 tbsp. (optional)
- 1 tbsp. of corn flour,
- 1 2/3 cups of all-purpose Flour,
- 3/4 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda.
Directions For Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe:
Step 1: In a mixing bowl, mix the Flour, oil, yogurt, and salt.
Step 2: Add in the vanilla essence and the optional ingredients once these ingredients are combined well. Mix it all up again until combined.
Step 3: Cover a flat surface with parchment paper. Then press down on the dough to make it flat.
Step 4: Spread some corn flour on a plate and dust it over your hands. Please pick up a piece of the dough and dust it on your hands. Dusted hands will make it easier for you to work with the dough.
Step 6: Cut each sausage into 5 equal pieces. Be careful not to make them too small, or the cake could collapse when you try to shape them. Use a cookie cutter or bowl (for example, a large bowl) to portion each piece.
Step 7: Insert your finger into one end of a portion of dough and gently curve the dough into a bowl shape.
Step 8: Pick up the dough and pat it down to ensure that it’s not sticking on the surface. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to rise again.
Step 9: Heat some oil in a frying pan on medium heat, and when it’s hot, place each piece into the oil, pressing them down with either a spatula or your fingers, depending on how you want them to look. Fry on each side until the dough has browned.
Step 10: Flip it over and fry the other side. Once this side is done, please remove it from the oil to a plate and keep it there until all the pieces have been fried.
Step 11: Take all of the pieces of fried dough out, then fry any extras if you have any left.
Step 12: Allow your dumplings to cool before serving them with jam or syrup on top or with some fresh berries. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Of Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe
Servings: 8 slices
Health Benefits Of Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe
Calcium is an important mineral for the normal development of strong bones and teeth. It also plays a role in maintaining the normal functioning of cells, muscle contraction, and the nervous system. Calcium also helps to regulate blood pressure. Besides dairy products, other good sources of calcium include tahini, almonds, and figs.
Iron is needed to produce red blood cells and create protein. It helps to increase energy levels and contributes to the normal function of the immune system. Good sources of iron include cereals, beans, seafood, chicken, egg yolks, dark chocolate, and dried fruit.
Magnesium is a mineral that is important for bone formation. It also plays a role in muscle contraction and relaxation, and neurotransmission. Magnesium is also important for the normal functioning of the nervous system.
Protein is needed to build, repair and maintain body tissues. It also helps to regulate hormones and enzymes in the body. The human body does not produce protein on its own. It can be obtained from meat, poultry, fish, and beans.
Based on a 2 serving per recipe calculation using gluten-free Flour and oil (1 cup of flour=120g; 2 tbsp of oil=30ml).
Best 5 Freezing Ideas For Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe
1. Freeze the extra pieces of dough without shaping them. Once they are frozen, roll them and fry the pieces as you did with the first batch.
2. Freeze raw dumplings (without frying). When you want to use them, place them in a steamer and steam until they are cooked through.
3. Place all of your cooked dumplings on a plate, freeze them, and then place them in a freezer bag once frozen solid. Use the frozen dumplings whenever you want them.
4. Freeze the extra baked dumplings in a freezer bag once they are cooled down.
5. Place cooked dumplings on a cake or an angel food cake slice. You can also use the dumplings as a filling instead of icing. Enjoy!
How To Make More Delicious?
1. Make your cake mix and use a gluten-free flour mix instead of Flour to adjust the flavor to your liking.
2. You can also add some coconut flakes, dried cranberries, nuts, or chocolate chips to the dumplings to make them more interesting.
3. Instead of plain yogurt, you can use buttermilk to neutralize the baking soda and make it fluffier when it bakes.
4. Invert the dumplings onto a plate before serving.
5. Add a tiny bit of vanilla essence and sprinkle some powdered sugar on top if you like the sweet and salty combination!
6. You can use any jam or preserves for this recipe or squeeze some fresh berries over it for a nice flavor and color.
7. You can also serve your dumplings with a little bit of warm milk or dark chocolate.
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
It depends on how sensitive you are to dairy products. For example, some people do not experience any negative effects when consuming dairy products during pregnancy. Further studies will help us determine whether gluten can cause harm during pregnancy or not.
The higher the percentage of gluten in your diet, the more likely you will have an adverse reaction to it. So, if you can tolerate dairy products, you may choose to include them in your diet before having a baby.
Is It Suitable For Kids?
Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe is suitable for kids, but it should be consumed in moderation since it’s just a bakery cake. This baked dessert is nutritious and good for you, but you can also make it look very pretty for the kids.
Is It Good For Diabetic Patients?
Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe is a healthy and nutritious bread roll. However, it does not contain enough volume to be used as a substitute for rice or cornbread. Therefore, if you have diabetes, I would recommend that you try other recipes from our collection of Gluten-Free bread rolls.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe is healthier than many other breads roll available on the internet. However, it doesn’t have enough protein to substitute for bread in a heart patient’s diet.
Is It Good For Skin Patients?
Gluten-Free Daim Cake Recipe is made without egg products usually associated with skin problems. Therefore, you may use this recipe if you don’t have very sensitive or damaged skin.
Is It Suitable For Breastfeeding Women?
For breastfeeding women, you must understand the information about gluten in your diet to ensure the health of your child. Your baby may become more sensitive to gluten if you breastfeed them.
The baby’s digestive system (especially the small intestine) is still immature at this age and NOT yet able to handle these proteins and other antigens which you have been exposed to while breastfeeding.
If you are looking for a healthy and nutritious cake recipe, this is an ideal choice. As stated above, this gluten-free daim cake recipe is easily adaptable to your taste and preference. Plus, you can make more than 100 pieces of this recipe in less than an hour.
If you are not into baking, then there is nothing to worry about because you don’t have to be a proficient baker to make it. All you need is a little bit of gluten-free Flour and some other basic ingredients that almost every household has, and I’m sure that your result will be great.