The Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad recipe is a delicious healthy side dish that can be made in minutes. This recipe will show you how to cook this wonderful salad and the nutritional value of each ingredient.
One of the most healthy and convenient ingredients for your salad is canned beans. When you are getting out of the house, there is no need to make another trip to the store for a fresh bean. Some people serve this salad as a side dish with any meat, but I like it best with chicken.
What Is Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad?
Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad is a recipe for a light but satisfying dish with lots of flavors. It is a refreshing dish because it incorporates lots of good foods for you into one tasty salad. This makes it an ideal choice for the gym, and it’s also healthy enough to eat any time of the day.
This white bean salad has olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasonings combined with beans and other vegetables.
Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serving: 5 grams
- 1¼ ˝ cups dried navy beans (about 1 lb. before soaking)
- 1 lb. dried navy beans (about 6 cups)
- 1 ¼ ˝ cups diced red onion, peeled
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 T fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (1 tablespoon chopped)
- 3 T chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (1 tablespoon reserved for garnish with lemon wedges)
1. Place beans in a large bowl and cover with 10 cups cold water. Let stand at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Drain and rinse beans using a colander. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. About halfway through cooking time, heat the remaining 2 cups of boiling water in another bowl to room temperature on the stovetop; pour into a saucepan of cooked beans, and return to boil. Drain and rinse beans thoroughly.
3. Place beans in a large bowl and add onion, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, 2 sprigs of rosemary (1 tablespoon chopped), parsley (reserved 1 tablespoon), 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste. Stir gently to combine. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Before serving, stir in reserved 1 tablespoon parsley and drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
Note: Leftovers may be refrigerated for up to 2 days but will lose their flavor after that time.
Price In Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad:
$5.99 – $7.99 – Retailing at around $5 to $6 per serving, this price is listed for the whole recipe (which takes approximately 4 servings).
History Of Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad:
Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad is called a “wet” salad because it uses olive oil and other wet ingredients. The dressing for this recipe is not as thick as for some other bean salads.
It does not include mayonnaise or sour cream but is dressed with extra virgin olive oil, which is less fattening than mayonnaise. It also has other healthy ingredients like Italian seasonings and vinegar that improve the flavor without adding too much fat or calories.
Health Benefits Of Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad:
With the combination of beans and vegetables in this recipe, Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad is a nutritious dish. Together, they contain protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals that benefit the body. This dish includes many nutrients to help your body stay healthy.
Beans are high in fiber and antioxidants while also being low in fat. They also have potassium which fights inflammation and helps lower blood pressure.
5 Best Freezing Ideas Of Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad:
1. Freeze in an airtight container.
2. Freeze before and after adding the olive oil and lemon juice.
3. After it has frozen, separate it into several serving sizes so that you can use a portion at a time when you want to eat it.
4. Separate into smaller containers or plastic bags before freezing. Any frozen beans will not be covered by anything else in the freezer and will still have access to oxygen while frozen, so they do not become too dry or hard when they are frozen solid.
5. Wrap in wax paper before freezing to avoid sticky the beans.
Is It Suitable For Heat Patients?
According to the National Health Service (NHS), this is suitable for heat patients in the following ways:
It is high in fiber. Fiber helps to fill people up and gives them a feeling of fullness. This means that they will not be able to eat as much food and will therefore consume fewer calories, which helps to reduce the risk of weight gain.
Is This Recipe Kid-Friendly?
It is suitable for kids that are of age. It is a healthy dish and contains some nutrient-rich foods that can help build good health for children.
Is This Recipe Easily Digestible?
Yes, this recipe is easily digestible. The ingredients in this dish are all very easy to digest. They contain protein and fiber. This combination means that you will not experience any digestive problems after eating this dish.
Is It Suitable For Low-Carb Diets?
According to the NHS, it is suitable for low-carb diets because they are all low in carbohydrates.
Is Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad Recipe Tested For Allergens?
According to the National Health Service, this recipe is not tested for any allergens. There are potential risks for people with food allergies because some ingredients have not been tested.
Is This Recipe Healthy?
This is a healthy dish, according to an article from WebMD titled 100 Healthiest Recipes. This article states that the ingredients in Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad are beneficial for your health and contain no fats or salts. The other ingredients in this dish are also good for you.
Houlihan Tuscan White Bean Salad is a low-calorie, low-fat dish that everyone can enjoy. It contains many nutrients which improve overall health. It is made from a combination of fiber and proteins from beans and vegetables and has no fats of any kind.
It is beneficial for your digestive system because the fiber helps with digestion and the proteins help the body to improve. This recipe can be eaten in one sitting or served in multiple meals.