The Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe is one of the most flavorful, sweet, and sour sauces you will ever find! And if you have a recipe for it, why not share it with us? Mexican villa taco sweet sauce is a delicious condiment and dipping sauce that goes well with various dishes.
It has a tangy, slightly spicy taste due to the addition of jalapeño peppers and tomato paste, which also contributes to its unique color.
How To Make Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe?
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serving: 2 grams
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice (or lemon)
- 3 teaspoons of brown sugar or light brown sugar
1. Mix water, tomato paste, jalapeño peppers, and lime juice in a saucepan.
2. Cook on medium heat until the sauce is cooked and thicker (about 5 minutes).
3. Add brown sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar. As the mixture cools, it will thicken further.
4. Remove the pan from heat when done. (This process is called caramelizing)
5. Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for 2 months.
1. If you want a thicker sauce, add up to 2 tablespoons of water at a time while cooking on low heat.
2. You can also grind some of the pepper mixtures with a mortar and pestle to make them more manageable before adding them to your saucepan.
3. Adding cheese or yogurt helps thicken the sauce and gives it a creamy texture.
Nutrition Facts Of Mexican villa taco sweet sauce:
7 Authentic Health Benefits Of Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe:
1. Low In Calories:
A 2-tablespoon serving of the sauce has only 35 calories. That puts it well below your daily caloric intake target!
2. Zero Fat:
Zero Fat has zero Fat because of its lack of oil and high-water content.
3. Healthy Fats:
The sauce has moderate Fat (olive oil). The fat content is due to the olive oil and is not saturated.
4. High In Vitamin A and Iron:
The sauce has 3% vitamin A and 10% iron content, which are insanely high!
5. Healthy Carbohydrates:
Carrots, onions, and jalapeño peppers contain a lot of starch which provides glucose. This makes the sauce healthy to consume.
6. High Antioxidants:
The sauce is packed with antioxidants (allicin, quercetin, and saponin).
7. Potential Cancer Killer:
The sauce has been linked to cancer prevention effects.
How To Enjoy Eating Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe?
Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe can be enjoyed in various ways. It is great as a dipping sauce or topping on many dishes like burgers, tacos, pizza, and even sandwiches.
This delicious dipping sauce combines well with many food types like veg dishes, pasta, and pizza. The tangy flavor complements the taste of many different dishes!
Does the Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe Have Sugar In It?
Yes, the Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe does contain sugar. The ingredients that make up the sauce include tomatoes (which are full of sugar) and jalapeños, which also have sugars. This means that the sweet sauce fits into the dessert category.
Can You Freeze The Sauce?
Yes, you can freeze it for up to 2 months or 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Make sure you freeze it in small portions, so it doesn’t get freezer burned.
Where Is the Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe from?
The origin of this dish is unknown. On many internet forums and websites, there are no clear links that show the source of the plate.
Is the Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe Healthy?
Yes, the sweet sauce is healthy for you to consume. It has high levels of vitamin A and minerals, and it contains antioxidants, which can help protect your body from free radicals. However, it does have sugar, so you should limit your intake. Remember that too much sugar can lead to health issues later in life.
Have Any Side Effects to Eat the Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe?
No. Eating the Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe has not been linked to any side effects.
How To Store Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe?
It’s important to store the Mexican villa taco sweet sauce recipe in an airtight container away from heat and sunlight. You can store it in the pantry, but it’s best kept in the refrigerator. The sauce can be stored for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or up to 2 months if frozen.
Mexican villa taco sweet sauce is a delicious condiment and dipping sauce that goes well with various dishes. It has a tangy, slightly spicy taste due to the addition of jalapeño peppers and tomato paste, which also contributes to its unique color.