The Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe has been around for decades. She always indulged in her favorite dessert, from the comedian’s stand-up days in the 1970s to her stint as a judge on Paul’s Drag Race All-Stars.
Made with simple ingredients, this cake has proven to be a winner among friends and family alike. The recipe is rich in calcium and vitamin B5, which may help regulate blood pressure levels, improve mood or enhance memory.
Besides these health benefits, it is also known for its banana flavor and soothing aroma. To get a better look at this cake, go ahead and read below the bakery MythBusters recipe.
How to make Patti Labelle 7up cake recipe?
- Unsalted butter – 250 grams
- Flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 ¼ cup (250 grams)
- 7 up – 2 cups (500 ml)
- Eggs – 2
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease and flour a 13inch x 9inch cake pan
3. Cream together the butter, shortening, sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl until light and fluffy
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; add to creamed mixture with 7Up
5. Add eggs one at a time while constantly stirring
6. Fold in the lemon juice before pouring into the prepared pan
7. Bake for 35 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool
9. Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk in a bowl
10. Add additional juice if necessary, to make the desired consistency
11. Spread over cooled cake; chill before serving
Nutrition Fact Of Patti Labelle 7up cake recipe
|Saturated Fat||0 grams|
|Dietary Fiber||1 gram|
10 Amazing Health Benefits of Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe:
1. A great source of vitamin C
2. Helps your immune system stay healthy by fighting off viruses and bacteria
3. Helps you maintain a healthy weight or lose unwanted pounds by providing quick bursts of energy
4. A good source of fiber and phytonutrients, which can help improve heart health and lower cholesterol levels
5. Contains a rich source of antioxidant vitamin E, which has been shown to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
6. Can help lower your blood pressure by helping to control cholesterol levels
7. Helps strengthen your bones by providing essential minerals
8. Can help relieve symptoms associated with PMS and menopause, such as moodiness and bloating
9. Contain folic acid and choline, which can play a role in fetal brain development when consumed by pregnant women and may protect against specific congenital disabilities
10. Can help reduce chronic inflammation in the body, linked to many health issues, including heart disease, certain cancers, and diabetes.
Is This Recipe Suitable for Allergic Patients?
Yes. Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe is suitable for health-conscious patients who are allergic to wheat and gluten. It also avoids eggs and dairy products, which may be a concern for lactose intolerance sufferers. Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe is also suitable for vegans.
Is It Gluten-Free?
The recipe contains wheat and wheat flour (or cake flour). Wheat allergy is common and is the leading cause of food allergy in the US. Wheat allergy can cause abdominal pain, bloating, fatigue, headaches, irritability, itchy skin rash, nasal congestion, or sneezing.
Gluten intolerance leads to a digestive disorder called gluten enteropathy, including diarrhea and weight loss. Gluten intolerance can also cause anemia in children. Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe does not follow a gluten-free diet.
Can I Freeze the Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe?
No, it is not recommended that you freeze the Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe. It will become too crumbly when thawed and won’t have the same texture as initially made. If you must freeze the cake, line it with parchment paper and then plastic wrap to ensure good quality before serving.
If freezing is necessary, do not defrost in microwave ovens as they may cause harmful chemical reactions that affect food’s taste and texture.
Is This Recipe Healthy?
Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe contains active ingredients that research suggests will lower your risk of heart disease: fiber (which makes you feel full), soluble fiber (which may lower blood sugar), vegetable protein (to slow digestion of starch and sugar) and minerals such as magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper, phosphorus, and selenium.
Possible Health Risks of Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant that has been shown to produce changes in mood and behavior through its action on the central nervous system.
– Ethanol, better known as alcohol, is a depressant drug that impairs judgment, sensation and reaction time, concentration, motor coordination, and learning ability; it also produces intoxication.
– Alcohol was probably consumed by individuals trying to preserve their brain function during periods of dehydration caused by the toxic effects of saltwater.
– Alcohol is also associated with the early human culture itself.
– Mercury is a heavy, silvery, odorless liquid metal that has long been known for its toxicity. Mercury was thought to have many uses in the past.
– The word “mercury” is from the Latin word “Hydrargyrum,” which means “liquid silver.”
– In ancient times, mercury was used as an oral medicine in various diseases and conditions.
– The first recorded use of mercury in small doses was in the Middle Ages. It was used as an antiseptic, a preservative, and a medicine.
– In the modern age, mercury has been recognized as an environmental poison due to its characteristic toxicity.
– Mercury is neurotoxic and is linked with various neurological disorders such as psychosis, tics, and visual disturbances.
– Although the human body needs a small amount of sugar in the diet, excessive consumption of foods and beverages that contain refined carbohydrates has been linked with many chronic diseases.
– Sugar is considered a carbohydrate, a simple monosaccharide composed of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen.
– Sugars can be found naturally in foods such as rice, honey, and fruits.
5. Alcoholic Drinks
– The liver metabolizes alcohol into toxic metabolites such as acetaldehyde and acetone.
The Bottom Line:
Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe is not suitable for health-conscious patients who are allergic to wheat, gluten, animal fat (lard), and eggs. Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe is not suitable for health-conscious patients who are on a gluten-free diet.
Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipes also has high sugar content (which may be a concern for diabetics). Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe is not suitable for cardiovascular disease patients and diabetics. Patti Labelle 7 Up Cake Recipe is suitable for all health-conscious individuals and is gluten-free.