Red Robin Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe is healthy and delicious. It provides you with many vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Red Robin Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe gives you many health benefits, including.
A quick and simple Southwest chicken salad recipe that is easily adaptable to your taste preferences. I recommend preparing the ingredients separately and assembling the salad with a fork. You can also use the knife to break up the lettuce and tomatoes if you’d like to use a handheld salad dressing.
How To Make A Red Robin Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe?
- 1 package of chicken breast tenders
- 1 small onion, sliced
- Like quantity mayonnaise (you can substitute just enough to moisten the mixture)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce with roasted red peppers (I prefer my recipes with roasted red peppers, but you can substitute plain tomato sauce if desired)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 teaspoons dried
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded or chopped to your liking (I prefer muscling for a healthier-looking salad, but you may use Romaine lettuce. I have also used baby greens and red leaf lettuce, but the flavor of the salad isn’t as good with these lettuces)
- 1 8 oz. can slice black olives (I prefer Kalamata olives for their rich flavor, but you may substitute your favorite type of olive. I have also used sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, which are very tasty)
- 2 small plum tomatoes, diced (preferably Roma, grape, or cherry tomatoes)
Step 1. preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spread chicken tenders evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove from the oven and immediately break up the tenders with a fork. Set aside to cool completely before adding to salad.
Step 2. Chop everything else but the lettuce, tomatoes, and olives. Combine all ingredients except the lettuce and tomatoes in a bowl and mix well. I like to let this sit for at least 15 minutes before serving so that the flavors can blend.
Step 3. Prepare salad with lettuce, tomatoes, and olives as your favorite salad recipe specifies. Serves 4-6 (will depend on the size of a head of lettuce used).
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
Health Benefits Of Red Robin Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe:
1. One-third of the fiber in this dish comes from the black beans, so it’s a low-carb meal perfect for people following a weight loss or diabetic diet. It’s also perfect for vegetarians because the meat is just for flavor, not protein.
2. The chicken and beans provide a dose of protein to your salad. Protein has several important functions: it helps build and repair cells and supports the immune system (especially if you have food sensitivities).
3. For every 1 cup of red onions you eat, you can lower your risk of dying from heart disease by 13 percent. Eating just 1 cup will cut your risk by 12 percent. One-half cup can cut the risk even further, with a 17 percent reduction in death rates.
4. Tomatoes have lycopene, an antioxidant that fights cancer and slows the aging process. Tomatoes are one of the best foods you can eat to reduce wrinkles and keep your skin looking young. Lycopene is fat-soluble, so it’s best absorbed when it’s cooked in oil or fat. So enjoy your red pepper sauce!
5. Not sure how many calories or grams of fat to aim for? All you have to do is look at the ingredients on the nutrition label. You can find this information on most packaged foods.
The list will typically include saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sodium, etc. These are all important factors to consider in your daily diet.
6. Food additives in some products can cause allergic reactions. So read food labels to see what’s in the foods you buy and avoid any with many ingredients you aren’t familiar with.
They might contain hidden additives that your body doesn’t recognize as food and, therefore, could cause an allergic reaction.
7. Food can not only affect your weight, but it can also affect how well your body works at the cellular level, which is key for preventing chronic disease.
How To Enjoy Eating red robin southwest chicken salad recipe?
Serve red robin southwest chicken salad recipe as a main course with a side of cornbread and baked potatoes. The onion and black olives give the salad a zing so that you can eat more with less guilt!
How to store the red robin southwest chicken salad recipe?
Store the red robin southwest chicken salad recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week. It’s also a great make-ahead dish since you can mix everything and refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve it for dinner.
Is the red robin southwest chicken salad recipe healthy?
Yes, it is healthy. The ingredients are all very beneficial, especially the beans and tomatoes, which contain antioxidants that provide anti-aging properties to your body.
The onions also have anti-aging properties, as do the olives. This salad is also low in fat, except for the mayonnaise you add.
Where Is the red robin southwest chicken salad recipe from?
The red robin southwest chicken salad recipe is from the red robin restaurant.
Why We Love red robin southwest chicken salad recipe?
I love the red robin southwest chicken salad recipe because it is easy to make and tastes delicious. The ingredients are just great, and I would recommend this for anyone who has time, as it does take a bit of time to cook the chicken tenders.
How To Store red robin southwest chicken salad recipe?
I often make this in large batches and store it in the freezer. I will then take it out when I am ready to eat. It is also a great make-ahead dish, as you can mix everything and refrigerate it until ready to use.
This red robin southwest chicken salad recipe makes a great main course meal. It is also very filling, so even a small portion will provide you with enough energy to get through the day.
Red robin southwestern chicken salad is a tasty and healthy chicken salad recipe. It will make you feel good after eating it!