How to prepare Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe? This is a recipe for Crab Cake with a creamy avocado sauce with lemon. This is one of many Ruth Chris recipes on this site, so go check out the rest to find your favorite!
Ruth Chris Crab Cakes is a culinary delight. They have been called “the best crab cake in the world.” Combine that with a heavenly creamy avocado sauce, and you will surely be in food heaven! Get ready to become addicted.
Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe:
Prepare Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1Hour 15 Minutes
Serves : 2 Cake slices
Yield: 2 slices
- 1 can crab meat (6 oz.)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream or fat-free yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly grease the baking sheet with oil.
4. Shape the crab mixture into crab cakes and place it on a prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray the top of each cake with oil so that they won’t stick to the pan during cooking. Bake for 15 minutes or the till the cake is golden brown around the edges and firm to touch in the center.
5. Serve hot with homemade avocado sauce.
Nutrition Fact Of Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe:
Serving size: 1 crab cake with avocado sauce (1/4th of recipe)
|Total Fat||5.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||10.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.0 g|
10 Best Health Benefits Of Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe:
1. Rich in vitamin A, which is very important for vision, immunity, and growth.
2. Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe contains a large amount of vitamin B12, good for your nervous system and immunity.
3. It’s also rich in vitamin D because it contains vitamin D. Vitamin D is used as a building material for strong bones and teeth. It also helps absorb calcium better into our bodies, thus relieving osteoporosis, a major health problem among most women nowadays.
4. Consuming this rich in protein dish, called Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe, can easily give you enough energy for work out and the workout itself. Protein makes up 20% of our body weight, do you know that?
5. This crab is also rich in vitamin E, which is essential for the growth and development of skin. Vitamin E is also a very powerful antioxidant.
6. Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe contains EPA; it helps strengthen memory and prevent Alzheimer’s disease and improve brain function.
7. It also contains vitamin B2, which is very important information for red blood cells. It is also used as a laxative to treat leaky gut syndrome and colitis.
8. This dish is rich in magnesium which can help your body release energy from food more efficiently, keep you calm and sleep well at night. It also aids in preventing stress and anxiety.
9. Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe is a good source of selenium which can also prevent some cancer, thyroid disease, asthma, and other illnesses.
10. Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe is rich in potassium, which helps prevent high blood pressure and stroke.
Trust me on that :). I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Is This Recipe Suitable For Allergic Patients?
Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe is rich in vitamin A, and it can help you achieve beautiful skin. Besides that, it contains protein essential for healthy muscles and brain functioning. It also has enough vitamins to help you relax, calm yourself, and sleep well at night.
For those allergic to crab meat, try this recipe without crab meat only. You can replace it with chicken or other proteins instead. But the avocado sauce will still be the same.
Possible Health Risks Of Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe:
1. It is high in cholesterol. People with low cholesterol levels should be careful not to consume this dish.
2. This dish can interfere with blood clotting as it contains vitamin K, crucial in blood coagulation and keeping your arteries healthy.
3. It contains a trace amount of mercury, so if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it could result in abnormal pregnancy and harm your baby’s development. Don’t eat crab cake if you eat seafood but only eat it once a month or less than that.
4. Ruth Chris Crab Cake contains saturated fat, which is bad for your health.
5. Consuming this dish regularly can cause constipation, diarrhea, nausea, and allergic reactions.
6. Too much consumption of omega-6 fatty acids in this dish and other rich foods reduces the absorption of important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals into our bodies.
7. Consuming this dish regularly can cause heart disease and high cholesterol and increase the risk of stroke.
8. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should avoid eating this dish as the cholesterol could interfere with blood clotting and harm your baby’s development.
9. People suffering from heart ailments, diabetes and hypertension should also avoid this dish.
10. Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe is not good for heart disease as it’s high in cholesterol.
11. This dish can cause gout, inflammatory arthritis from consuming too much-saturated fat (MAF).
12. If you have a low level of vitamin D, this dish can interfere with healthy mineral absorption, which leads to health problems such as osteoporosis and fractures. To prevent this, you should take vitamin D supplements daily.
The Ruth Chris Crab Cake Recipe is highly palatable, but excess can lead to the health problems mentioned above. So, try to follow the exact recipe, and don’t replace ingredients without knowing. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a nice piece of crabmeat and try this excellent dish!
This food is not recommended for people with a history of heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers, and people with a very low vitamin D level. It may also cause allergies in some individuals.