The solo poppy seed cake recipe is a delicious dessert and popular food in many countries. The cake is usually served for breakfast but can also be consumed as an any-time-of-day snack or with tea.
The cake can be quickly made at home, but it does require more care than the average cake recipe because of its light and fluffy texture. This is why many people prefer to purchase it from bakeries.
A cake is the quintessential American dessert, with American birthday celebrations and summer picnics always appearing on the scene. But what if you don’t have anyone to share your cake with? Don’t worry; it’s easy to make a solo poppy seed cake recipe that will be as delicious as any large-batch recipe and last for days.
How To Make A solo poppy seed cake recipe?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serving: 4 grams
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg whites at room temperature [only the egg yolks for batter]
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds [safflower oil may give you a better result]
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line 9×5 loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine sugar and egg whites. Beat on medium speed for approximately one minute or until sugar is dissolved in egg whites; add vanilla and poppy seeds into the sugar/egg white mixture while mixing on low speed.
4. Gently fold the flour mixture into the sugar/egg white mixture. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
5. Bake for approximately one hour or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Serve as desired. Store leftover cake wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for three days.8. Enjoy
Nutrition Fact Of solo poppy seed cake recipe
|Saturated Fat||6.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||71.0 g|
|Trans Fat||0.3 g|
|Cholesterol||174 mg (42%)|
|Sodium||228 mg (10%) [salt is added]|
13 Amazing Freezing Ideas Of solo poppy seed cake recipe:
1. Freezing solo poppy seed cake recipe is a good way to keep it fresh for three days.
2. You can put the frozen cake in a bowl before placing it in the refrigerator. It will be soft when you want to eat it.
3. If you freeze alone poppy seed cake for two or three months, you can see that the taste is still very delicious and fresh if you thaw it out for two or three hours before eating.
4. You can also freeze solo poppy seed cake into the airtight containers, then you can transfer it directly to your lunchbox or on the plane.
5. You can use these frozen solo poppy seed cakes to make crispy chocolate chip cookie snacks by putting them in the broiler for 3-5 minutes. [this is a good way to make delicious breakfast on the go or when you are stranded at work]
6. If you like to drink hot chocolate, you can use solo poppy seed cake as a topping for it.
7. You can use your sweet tooth to make lovely pastry with solo poppy seed cake by putting them into the oven for 4-5 minutes to have a super crispy surface and soft inside. [you can use honey or chocolate sauce on top of the pastry]
8. If you are planning to bake solo poppy seed cake, you can freeze the ingredients first, then add them all together into your mixer and mix them. It will reduce a lot of time for you.
9. Make lasagna with a solo poppy seed cake.
10. Make a tasty snack with solo poppy seed cake using chocolate chips.
11. If you want a smooth solo poppy seed cake to put into your morning cup of tea, you can add some sugar, milk, and tofu protein powder and then stir it before pouring the batter into your pan.
12. You can add a mini chocolate chip cookie into the center of a solo poppy seed cake.
13. You can put solo poppy seed cake together with an apple slice, celery, and carrots and put them in the bag before freezing it to have a nice snack on the run.
If you love to make a solo poppy seed cake recipe, it is worth making it at home. When making it at home, you can use your favorite ingredients and add them to your favorite amount. When baking solo poppy seed cake at home, you can use the best quality ingredients so that the final result will be delicious. Lone poppy seed cake homemade recipe is a delightful and perfect dessert for breakfast or any time of the day.
If you have a problem with any of the steps in the solo poppy seed cake recipe, you can also check our blog to find a solution.