Sweetgreen Hot Honey Chicken Recipe is the perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and savory. It is a colorful dish that is sure to please.
The ingredients in this recipe are a kale salad, honey chicken tenders, basil pesto, roasted cucumber sauce, and fried shallots. This is an innovative dish you can also make in your own home. It will have you coming back for more!
The best part is that the ingredients are very healthy and do contain fruits and vegetables, so it provides some nutrients with each bite.
How To Make Sweetgreen Hot Honey Chicken Recipe?
Prepare Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, sliced very thinly in half-moons.
- 4 chicken tenders
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced.
- ½ cup of diced red pepper
- A pinch or two of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. of basil pesto
- 1/3 cup of 2% Greek yogurt (use low-fat)
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
2) Place the chicken tenders in a shallow aluminum baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle half of the lemon zest, ½ cup of lemon juice, half of the basil pesto, and a pinch or two of salt and pepper over the chicken, and add 1-2 tbsp. Honey or soy sauce.
3) Bake for 15 minutes
4) While the chicken bakes, make your salad by placing that remaining kale in a bowl. Top with sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, onion, red peppers, and basil pesto.
5) Check on your chicken to ensure it is cooked through (if it’s not yet done), and flip the chicken tenders over. Sprinkle with the remaining lemon zest and juice, 1 tbsp. honey or soy sauce, a pinch of salt and pepper, and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
6) Plate the chicken tenders with your salad, drizzle with basil pesto and balsamic reduction (optional), top with fried shallots, and serve!
7) you can use a blow-torch to make your fried shallots. Just find a bowl and place it into your blow-torch distantly and slowly. Watch the video below to see a demonstration.
Nutrition Facts Of Sweetgreen Hot Honey Chicken Recipe
Amazing 7 Health Benefits Of Sweetgreen Hot Honey Chicken Recipe
1.Fantastic For Weight Loss
A cup of cherry tomatoes only has 18 calories and 10.6 grams carbohydrates. You are free to pile as much as you like onto your salad. The more, the merrier!
2. Useful For Diabetes Care
Cucumber is a low-carb vegetable, so it is perfect for those who want to maintain their blood glucose levels and watch their diet. Cucumber contains water and vitamins A, B, C, K, and folic acid. Vitamin C is essential for the proper functioning of your immune system.
So, that adds up to a nutritious salad with vitamins and minerals for great health.
3. Good For Digestion
Kale is a low-carb vegetable, so it is perfect for those who want to maintain their blood glucose levels and watch their diet. Kale contains fiber, vitamin A, B complex, C, K, E, and folic acid. Although kale is a cruciferous vegetable, it is not something you will have to worry about following a Paleo diet.
4. Good For The Skin
“Olive oil contains antioxidants that help to prevent premature aging of the skin and also helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines.” (WebMD) So, with that being said, olive oil makes any dish more beautiful. That’s why it is my favorite ingredient to work in the kitchen.
5. Useful For Maintaining A Healthy Heart
“Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E, which help prevent heart disease, boost the immune system, and fight cancer.” (Natural News) So, when you eat monounsaturated foods, your cholesterol levels will not rise.
6. Fantastic For Healthy Hair
Honey contains antioxidants that “treat scalp infections and dandruff because it has anti-bacterial effects. It also helps restore scalp health as it’s high in antioxidants and contains oligosaccharides.” (Organic Facts)
7. Medicinal Properties
Cinnamon raises blood sugar levels to slow down the absorption of sugar and carbohydrates, which sometimes do not get digested properly. If your blood sugar levels are too low after eating, add a sprinkle of cinnamon to your next meal.
Sweetgreen Hot Honey Chicken Recipe is good for weight loss, may help treat diabetes, and has medicinal properties. This recipe is also very good for your digestive system, hair, skin, and heart.
It’s important to eat healthily and stay fit. Carrots, chicken drumsticks, and potatoes are great ingredients to include in your daily diet. Finding amazing recipes can be easy with a little creativity and the willingness to experiment with your food choices. This Sweetgreen Hot Honey Chicken recipe is just one of many nutritious options you can create from free-range chicken.